Friday, May 4, 2012

Clean Cleanse Day 6- feeling better!




Well, I woke up this morning feeling pretty sick, so I decided that I would focus on cleaning my house...and I started scrubbing everything.  Did all the laundry, vacuumed, the whole nine yards, and when I was done, amazingly, my body felt better too!  So, thank goodness, I am on the mend, and ready to really enjoy this cleanse. 

Tried the shake that I posted yesterday, and I must say, I did not love it.  My son would not drink it either...bummer...so it's back to the green smoothies tomorrow!  If anyone has a shake they love please send it to me to try and share with everyone!  For lunch I had oven roasted chicken, sweet potatos and veggies again...very yummy.  But the highlight of the day was the amazing Cauliflower Soup that I made for dinner.  I made a double batch and froze half to have for another 'clean' dinner.  I know that most of you have the recipe, but here it is for those who don't.  Really this is so simple and delicious!

Cauliflower Soup
Drizzle of oil
1 onion diced
1/2 head of cauliflower cut into small florets
1/2 box organic chicken stock
a few pinches of yellow curry powder
pinch of white pepper
pinch salt
  • sautee onion in the oil until soft
  • add remaining ingredients and cook until the cauliflower is falling apart
  • blend
  • garnish with a pinch of curry
So, I was looking at you tube for a good video of Dr. Junger to post for any of you needing extra inspiration, or if you wanted to show it to friends or family.  I saw this one of him on the Martha Stewart show that was pretty good.  She was just finishing up her 21 day cleanse.  So here it is!



Thankfully the sun is going to finally come out tomorrow!!  Hope you all make time to enjoy it and soak up that vitamin D. 
Be well,
Melissa


No comments:

Post a Comment