Thursday, May 10, 2012

cleanse day 12- some much needed nurturing!

Hi Everyone!  Doing so much better today....thank goodness, yesterday was kind of nuts!  Today was busy as usual, but much more manageable.  Green smoothie to start the day and I decided to continue with the avacado and coconut milk.  Not going to worry about calories, just going to enjoy eating healthy foods!  This cleanse can be fun and enjoyable, or it can be torture.  I choose the first option!  Then while the babies were taking their morning nap (that's when I do all of this cooking by the way!!), I made a lovely piece of salmon, a fresh green salad and quinoa made simply with added olive oil, lemon and a little salt.  It was such a good, clean and simple lunch.  I was shocked when my son starting eating the salmon and actually liked it!!

Now comes the good part of my day.  Babysitter arrived, and I went to see Laura Nathanson for a chiropractic adjustment.  I was having bad headaches yesterday that felt like they were creeping back in.  15 minutes with Laura and the headaches were gone and my mind felt clear...it was truly amazing.  Then by some stroke of magic, I also got to go see Tammy at In Vogue Spa for some facial microdermabrasion.  I trade treatments with both of them and it was such a treat for me, who never gets to stop working, to lay there for an hour and be nurtured.  Thank you so much Tammy, what an awesome treatment and my skin feels amazing.

So, a good day overall.  Now I am at work but soon to be heading home for hopefully a good nights sleep free from babies waking wanting something from me:)

A fellow cleanser sent me a recipe that looks amazing if you are looking to make a sweet treat for mother's day.  I hope to get time to try this one soon- although I need several of the ingredients.  Here it is:


Almond Butter Chip Cookies

What you'll need:
  • Large mixing bowl
  • Whisk
  • Baking-sheet
Ingredients:
  • ½ cup coconut flour
  • 1 ½ cups almond meal/flour
  • ½ cup coconut nectar granules
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips/chunks (unsweetened and dairy-free, Gnosis would work) OR raw cacao nibs
  • ⅔ cup coconut oil
  • ¼ cup almond milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup almond butter
Step One:
Dry ingredients: Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, coconut nectar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chunks/chips.

Step Two:
Wet ingredients:In a second bowl, combine the coconut oil, non-dairy milk and vanilla.

Step Three:
Mix it upAdd wet to dry and mix until everything is well incorporated.

Step Four:
Cookies: Roll batter into roughly 16 balls, place on a greased (with coconut oil) baking sheet and push them down into flat discs. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cookies completely cool on the pan. 

Note: Make sure they are completely cool before attempting to move or eat, otherwise they’ll fall apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment