Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cleanse Day 5: dreary & tired...

Ok, take a look out your window at the wall of rain clouds.  Now imagine that one of those rain clouds is sitting on your head....now you know how my day has been!  Yuck, I have the toddler/preschool virus from hell!  Today has been hard.  Oh well, another 10 hour sleep like last night and hopefully things will improve.


Had another lovely green smoothie today- but I am ready to try something new.  Here is a recipe that a fellow cleanser emailed me and it sounds awesome.  I am going to use my protein powder instead of spirulina, since I don't have any:)  Just bought some great local spinach from Verrill Farm- go get some!!


1 cup almond milk
1 cup spinach
1Tbls cacao (also very good without)
1Tbls almond butter
1Tbls coconut oil
1 tsp spirulina
1 cup frozen berries

Speaking of Verrill Farm, I went in there today to buy my spinach, and it took all of the will power I had, not to leave with a hot coffee and scone!  Man, that was hard:)  For lunch today I had a delicious piece of salmon, 'homefried' sweet potatoes and sauteed veggies (snap peas, mushrooms and broccoli).  Then I didn't have anytime left to make a soup for dinner, so I went looking in some stores and it is pretty much impossible to buy prepared soups on the cleanse.  Has anyone found any good pre-made soups that use all 'Clean' ingredients?  I would love to know if you have!  I think I'm going to need a gallon of one of our clean soups from our event...

Oh, so I had another request for the Quinoa Salad from our kick-off event.  Yes, it is amazing and it is in the back of the Clean book- but I am going to write it here for anyone wanting it.  Love this recipe!

Quinoa Salad with Chicken and Mixed Greens

2 cups cooked and cooled Quinoa
2 (4 oz) chicken breasts, grilled or steamed and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon parsley
1/4 cup currants
1/4 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup chopped mint
1/4 cup scallions, cut thinly diagonally
1/4 cup chopped parsley
1/4 cup lime
1 teaspoon agave nectar (use honey instead as this is now on the 'no' list)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup olive oil
4 cups salad greens tossed with 2 tablespoons olive oil)

  1. Steam Chicken Breast- at event we used Roast Chicken recipe from page 252- with balsamic glaze.
  2. Put all ingredients except chicken and salad greens in a bowl and toss together with the quinoa.  Adjust seasoning to taste.
  3. Mound half this quinoa salad on each place
  4. Make a bed of salad greens next to quinoa and place sliced chicken on top.
  5. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment