Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 16: Chugging along feeling hungry!

I am so inspired by those of you who are cleansing and not feeling hungry!  That is definitely not the case with me, and so I think I am maybe eating too much of everything- but since the 'everything' are all of these wonderful and healthy foods, I am not going to be too concerned.  This way of eating is great- my body and mind are feeling very good.  In fact, yesterday I forgot to mention that I went all day before I realized that I had not had any green tea.  So, that means no caffeine all day and caring for all three of my kids without a major energy dip.  That is huge!  In fact, I don't think I have gone a day without caffeine since Zachary was born- 3 1/2 years!  So that's something that I am feeling really good about.  Of course today I had the tea...oh well:)

Meal wise today was pretty boring.  Green smoothie, leftover lunch from yesterday and leftover butternut squash soup for dinner (so delicious!).  Tomorrow I will hopefully get a little more creative.  I am still very much enjoying the increase in raw vegetables and plan to keep that going all week.

So, speaking of inspiring, the following is an email experience I received from fellow cleanser Greg.  I loved reading about his experience, please keep them coming!!  Thanks Greg...


Hi Melissa, Allyson,

I am doing great and loving this. I am a very big eater and on the cleanse diet  I am never hungry.

Breakfast:
4 big leaves of Kale, ½ broccoli, 2 apples, 1 carrot, sprouts, 3 brussel sprouts, celery,  and whatever else is around all gets juiced. I make about 16 oz. out of a massive pile.
The juice then goes into the blender with ½ avocado and a big scoop of veggie-based protein powder.
This end up being a think green smoothie, with protein and fat, at about 200 calories, with a micronutrient value that is through the roof.
I do not feel hungry after this, and it completely charges me up and makes my scalp tingle and puts me in a great mood.

Lunch:
Either:
Quinoa with anything (I like it simple with peas) about 1 cup.
5-7 ounces of meat (turkey or chicken, or whatever) sliced
A steamed veggie (usually ½ head of broccoli steamed with lots of garlic.
I cut up a mushroom or two, raw, or a yellow squash (a few slices) raw to go along with it.
I prepare it the night before and take it to work.
I may snack on nuts or fruit in the afternoon, but not all that much.
Maybe 500 or so calories

Or:
I make a big salad with prewashed org lettuce (BJ’s or elsewhere). Has carrots, apple, almond chips, sunf. Seeds, scallions,  mango, celery and whatever. I put in or have on the side chicken, tuna, whatever. Dressing is super high quality  olive oil and balsamic, salt, pepper,
I may add a piece of fruit with almond butter also (pear or apple)
Maybe 500 calories

Or:
I make a big salad with prewashed org lettuce (BJ’s or elsewhere). Has carrots, apple, almond chips, sunf. Seeds, scallions,  mango, celery and whatever. I put in or have on the side chicken, tuna, whatever. Dressing is super high quality  olive oil and balsamic, salt, pepper,
I may add a piece of fruit with almond butter also (pear or apple)
Maybe 500 calories


Dinner:
Ive been oscillating between the cauliflower soup ( I add broccoli too) or I make bean soup (just some carrot/celery/onion/broc stem – whatever – in a little safflower oil, then add any beans, then add stock, then blend after cooking).
Maybe 50 or  250 calories depending on the soup

Supplements:
Ester-C, milk thistle, dandelion extract, oil or oregano, garlic, olive oil, straight, with lemon water, resveratrol, 50 billion little buggies (at night) and a fiber supplement (in the morning after the juice).

Daily regularity.

The breakfast is most important. When I have done a fruit smoothie, all the way, with nut milk, etc., I haven’t felt nearly as good. Too much sweet, calories, and relatively low micronutrient level so it makes me hungry!!!   The micronutrient level in the juice I make is the trick. But you absolutely need a juicer to do it, lots of money and fridge space, time, and commitment to clean the juicer and the blender.

At lunch time I am simply not hungry. I force myself to eat this big plate of food.

At dinner, 1 or maybe 2 bowls of soup is plenty. I have no cravings. I cook food for the family and I have no cravings. I sleep great. I dream great. I am happier than ever.

My major thing is that all this does not add to 1200 calories unless I really count up and force it to. I have lost 15 pounds so far. And I put energy into counting UP calories.

I threw 2.5 tons of firewood over a fence the other day, more than I ever have. I was not sore the next day. I credit the $30 protein powder I bought at Whole Foods, that has the same formulation as human muscle. Can’t wait to try this experiment again. Gosh, the whole reason I’m involved with this cleanse is because Allyson was treating me for pain from moving a wheel barrel.

I am on my way to a bar mitzvah in NY today. I call it my mid-term exam. I am taking the juicer, the blender, the cooler of veggies with me. I upgraded the hotel room for the four of us to one with a little kitchen. I’m nuts. But scared of not having my usual fix!.

Hope you get a kick out of my update. Feel free to share…

Greg


No comments:

Post a Comment