Friday, May 18, 2012

Cleanse Day 20: where to next?

Hey everyone.  I really liked this sign, because as I contemplate the ways I want to eat post-cleanse, it is good to remember all of the other directions that our life takes us!  I have loved this cleanse, and am going to love doing this once/year or perhaps more, but man, it is a lot of focus on FOOD!  So, here goes, lets think about it.... How do I want to eat post-cleanse? 

Well, the first thing I have decided is that I don't want to eat white flour, sugar or white rice.  I generally eat a good healthy dose of fruits and veggies everyday, but the switch to all whole grains has been a really good one for me that I want to continue.  I want to keep dairy to a minimum and will be curious how my body responds to it being added back.  I think I will test that one first to clearly see how my body feels.

Coffee?  Yes, I miss it...I will admit that to you.  I have a CRAZY busy life with 7 month old twins and a 3 year old.  It definitely gave me a boost and I do love it.  However, my goal is to try not to have it everyday.  As it was, I only drank one cup in the morning- I was  not an all day nutso coffee person:)  (no offense to any nutso coffee drinkers out there!)

Eggs?  Yes, I think they are really good for you, and I used to have them a couple of times/week.

Bread?  Will have good whole grain toast, but not as an everyday staple.

Red Meat?  One a week at the most.

I am really loving the smoothies and want to continue this.  However, I am excited to add BANANAS TO IT!!

As far as reporting my daily eating...another smoothie, cauliflower soup for lunch and a dinner date with the husband...yay!

Hope your similar contemplations are going well!
-Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment